Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Back - Gratitude

It happens rarely. In January of 2012, I started jotting my recollections since I joined the Bank for the benefit of my family members. In the month of March, AVK expressed his desire to write my biography relating to my career. Never, in my wildest dreams did I imagine that someone would write my biography. Yet it all came together very well. What was even more surprising is that the “Looking Back” series went on to have a 55 episode run. 
I am sure that every career has its share of interesting experiences.  I had my own unique experiences.  In this biographical series, AVK has highlighted that I was a mentor to many. My view is a bit different. I feel that I just did my job, which was expected of me as a senior.  I firmly believe that encouraging youngsters to acquire more knowledge and qualifications to shoulder higher responsibility is one of the duties of seniors. This is also a hidden strength of any institution. During those days when I was encouraging youngsters, a few would take it in right spirit.  I was happy that in Shimoga and Indore, many persons responded well and prospered.  AVK was one of the first to respond to such stimulus and bloom into having a career studded with achievements. I am not sure how appropriate the word ‘mentor’ is to my role, but I firmly believe that I did my duty as an Officer. However, I am very much happy and delighted and will be forever indebted that AVK covered my biography so succinctly and engagingly.
I learnt that the readership for the ‘Looking Back’ series was increasing with every passing month. I express my gratitude to all readers and also for their good feedback and reactions. 
As we end this year, I WISH ALL THE READERS A VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND INTERESTING 2013.

I would like to add a quote from Guruji Rabindranath Tagore –
I slept and dreamt that life was joy.
I awoke and saw that life was service.
I acted – and behold, service was joy.

B. G.  Rao
Bangalore
31-12-2012


1 comment:

Narain said...

BGR is very humble in describing his role of mentorship. Unfortunately this quality is so rare these days. This rare quality made a lot of readers interested in this series. Coupled with the silver pen of AVK, no wonder, this is rocking! Wishing everybody a very happy & prosperous new year !!